Inflammation and inflammatory conditions seem to be becoming increasingly prominent in modern society. There are many hypothesized reasons as to why this might be, but it is important not to generalize as each person has unique circumstances.
No matter what the cause, if you should find yourself the victim of inflammation, this blend will quickly become one of your favorites. You’ve likely already heard of turmeric by now, but it can be messy and difficult to work with.
This blend features Linden, which is one of nature’s most potent and overlooked anti-inflammatory plants. This recipe also uses Comfrey leaf, which works to repair and restore joint cartilage and health to the tissues and ligaments.
Comfrey and Linden Herbal Tea Recipe
What You’ll Need
- ½ of a pound of Comfrey leaf
- ½ of a pound of Linden flowers
This recipe calls for a large amount of plant material. This is because, in order to get the most out of it, it needs to be brewed as an infusion which requires one whole cup of the blend per quart of water. You can work with smaller amounts at first, but buying nourishing herbs for use in infusions in bulk will save you a lot of money. This recipe will make 16 servings.
How to Make it
- Thoroughly mix the Comfrey *leaf* (not root) and Linden Flowers
- Measure out 1 cup of the blend
- Add the herbs to a quart sized jar
- Bring 1 quart of water to a boil
- Add the hot water to the herbs in the jar
- Thoroughly mix the herbs and hot water together
- Place lid on the jar and let steep in the fridge for 4 to 8 hours
- Strain and sweeten to your liking
If you are seeking consistent relief from inflammation, you should aim to consume this blend at least three times per week.