Elderberry Herbal Tea Recipe
All sorts of herbs are believed to help with immunity, and it can be hard to know where to start. But if you want to create a simple blend that could keep your immune system happy, this recipe could be for you.
For this blend, we combine Elderberries with rose hips and ginger to make a tea that tastes great.
When sipping on this mix, you’ll notice hints of natural sweetness and just enough heat from the ginger.
If you want to give yourself even more of a boost, try sweetening your cup with a bit of raw honey. It plays well with the other flavors and is believed by some natural health experts to have benefits.
Important note: We are not medical professionals, and we are not offering this information in an attempt to give medical advice. Below we’ve provided a recipe that we’ve used in the past… But you must consult your doctor and do thorough research before attempting to use it or make it yourself. Again, we are not giving this recipe in an attempt to offer medical advice. While we enjoy opening people up to the world of herbs and do our best to provide valuable insight, our instructions and information may be subject to error. This blend is not guaranteed or scientifically proven effective, and we are not qualified to say how it may or may not impact your health.
What You’ll Need for this Elderberry Herbal Tea Recipe
- One part dried Elderberries
- Half-part dried Rose Hips
- Quarter part dried Ginger
How We Make Elderberry Herbal Tea
This blend is packed with roots and berries, so if you get the go-ahead from your doctor to make it, you’ll probably want to make a decoction. Decoctions are more time-consuming than a traditional tea steep, but they allow you to get the most out of your herbs.
- Measure out your desired amount of water
- Measure out one tablespoon of your blend per cup of water used
- Bring the water to a boil on the stove
- Add your herbs to the water and reduce the heat to a simmer
- Let simmer for at least 30 minutes with a lid
- Turn off the heat and let steep for another 30 minutes or so
- Strain the mixture thoroughly and drink