There are all sorts of herbs out there that are believed to help with immunity, and it can be hard to know where to start. If you’re looking to create a simple blend that could potentially keep your immune system happy, this recipe could be for you.
For this blend, we combine Elderberries with rose hips and ginger to make a tea that tastes great.
When sipping on this mix, you’ll notice hints of natural sweetness and just the right amount of heat from the ginger.
If you want to give yourself even more of a boost, try sweetening your cup with a bit of raw honey. It plays well with the other flavors and is believed by some natural health experts to have benefits of its own.
Important note: We are not medical professionals, and we are not offering this information in an attempt to give medical advice. Below we’ve provided a recipe that we’ve used in the past… But you must consult with your doctor and do thorough research before attempting to use it or make it for yourself. We are not giving this recipe in an attempt to offer medical advice. While we enjoy opening people up to the world of herbs, and we do our best to provide valuable insight, our instructions and information may be subject to error. This blend is not guaranteed or scientifically proven to be effective, and we are not qualified to say how it may or may not impact your health.
Elderberry Herbal Tea Recipe
What You’ll Need
- One part dried Elderberries
- Half part dried Rose Hips
- Quarter part dried Ginger
How We Make It
This blend is packed with roots and berries, so if you get the go-ahead from your doctor to make it, you’ll probably want to make a decoction. Decoctions are more time consuming than a traditional tea steep, but they allow you to get the most out of your herbs.
- Measure out your desired amount of water
- Measure out one tablespoon of your blend per cup of water used
- Bring the water to a boil on the stove
- Add your herbs to the water and reduce the heat to a simmer
- Let simmer for at least 30 minutes with a lid
- Turn off the heat and let steep for another 30 minutes or so
- Strain the mixture thoroughly and drink
Leave a Reply