If you need an occasional boost of energy, especially in the morning, but you are not that big of a coffee fan, or you just want to take it easy on the caffeine, you should definitely try matcha green tea.
Matcha is very rich in flavonoids that have been proven to promote brain activity and promoting serotonin and dopamine production, therefore keeping you calm and giving you spikes of energy without anxiousness.
It is shown that L-theanine that is found in matcha helps with relaxation, relieving you from stress and anxiety, but without making you sleepy or drowsy.
Moreover, it can help keeping you focused and alert, so drinking matcha green tea is just the right thing to drink in the morning, before a long day.
There are some other benefits of matcha green tea on your organism, like keeping your spirits lifted and having you in a good mood.
Finally, regular intake of matcha green tea can help in regulating and maintaining healthy body weight.
Matcha for Energy Tea Recipe
What You’ll Need
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 6 ounces or approximately 170 millilitres of water
- Milk to taste (optional)
- Maple syrup or honey (optional)
How to Make It
- Bring water to a boil
- Add Matcha powder to a bowl
- Add approximately 1 ounce of hot water to the bowl
- Use a whisk to whisk the ingredients rapidly until you make a thin paste
- Add more water to the mixture until you like the thickness
- Add milk and honey or maple syrup if you like
Note: If you have never had matcha green tea before, we would suggest going easy on it – more water and less matcha powder. At least before you know what amount works best on you. Later, you can add more matcha powder for extra energy spikes.