Fennel Tea Recipe – How to Make at Home
Looking for a delicious and healthy way to support your wellness goals? Fennel tea is ideal for anyone looking for a refreshing and invigorating beverage. Prepared by steeping fennel seeds in hot water, this aromatic herbal infusion contains a variety of benefits ranging from aiding digestion and lowering inflammation to boosting immunity. Fennel tea is a gratifying option that can help you feel best, whether you are a tea lover or just trying to change your daily routine. So try this refreshing beverage and reap the maximum benefits it offers.
Enjoy Our Fennel Tea Recipe.
Fennel tea is a popular beverage prepared from leaves and seeds, resulting in a unique flavor and profile. It is easy to prepare quickly and offers many benefits to the body. Enjoy either hot or iced.
Hot Fennel Tea
Hot Fennel Tea Ingredients
Fennel seeds (dried): 1 teaspoon
Water: 1 cup
Sweetener (honey, sugar, or agave nectar) optional
How to Brew Hot Fennel Tea
- Boil the water in a kettle and let it cool for 1 minute, warm up the teapot by swirling the boiled water in the pot.
- Pour hot water into the teapot and put fennel seeds into the pot. If you have a mortar and pestle, slightly crush the seeds. Add them to hot water.
- Cover the teapot with a lid and let them steep for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain the tea and pour it into a cup, add some sweetener if required, and enjoy the refreshing beverage.
Iced Fennel Tea
This tea is a rejuvenating beverage that can be refreshing in the summer, give energy, and provide nutrition.
Iced Fennel Tea Ingredients
How to Brew Iced Fennel Tea
- Add dried fennel seeds to the teapot containing boiled water. Allow the fennel seeds to steep for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain the tea and let it cool. Add sweetener, pour over ice, and enjoy the refreshing beverage.
- You can also prepare the fennel cold brew by steeping the seeds in cold water overnight in the refrigerator.
Tips or Guidelines
You can use loose leaves, tea bags, and powder to make fennel tea. Do not waste your tea after using it once. It can be re-steeped until it loses its flavor.
Water is the base of any beverage. Always use fresh, high-quality water for making tea.
You can also add other spices like cinnamon, clove, cardamom, and mint leaves to enhance the flavor and aroma of tea.
How to Sweeten Tea?
Fennel tea has a mild licorice taste, relaxing fragrance, and slightly bitter aftertaste. It can be sweetened with honey, agave nectar, maple syrup, or refined sugar.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is only for educational purposes and is not intended to substitute medical advice. Fennel tea offers several benefits but has estrogenic effects and should not be used by pregnant women. Therefore, the recipe should be followed cautiously, and the dosage should not exceed the recommendation.
Here is a little more reading about fennel.
Leave a Reply