This herbal tea recipe is believed to be nourishing, and like the name suggests, supposedly excellent for women’s health. Raspberry leaf is thought to be a wonderful herb for the reproductive system, and it is commonly used in traditional herbal formulas for women.
Oat straw is a nutritive herb that is believed to provide nourishment while simultaneously working to support the nervous system. The oat straw also offers a slightly sweet contrast that brings balance to the flavor of raspberry leaf.
Important Note: We are not medical professionals and we are not offering this information in an attempt to give medical advice. Below we’ve provided a recipe that we’ve used in the past… But you must do thorough research before attempting to use it or make it for yourself. While we enjoy opening people up to the world of herbs, and we do our best to provide valuable insight, our instructions and information may be subject to error. We are not medical professionals and are not qualified to say how these herbs may or may not impact your health.
What You’ll Need
- ¼ pound of dried Raspberry leaf
- ¼ pound of dried Oat Straw
These quantities may seem like a lot at first, but to get the most out of nourishing herbs, you’ll want to brew them as an infusion, which requires around one cup of dried herbs per quart of water. This recipe will make you a half-pound batch and give you about 8 servings.
How to Make it
- Thoroughly mix the Raspberry leaf and Oat Straw
- Measure out 1 cup of the blend
- Add the herbs to a quart sized jar
- Bring 1 quart of water to a boil
- Add the hot water to the herbs in the jar
- Thoroughly mix the herbs and hot water together
- Place lid on the jar and let steep in the fridge for 4 to 8 hours
- Strain and sweeten to your liking
Leave a Reply