This herbal tea recipe for fertility blend is nourishing, packed full of flavor, and like the name suggests excellent for women’s health. Raspberry is a wonderful herb for the reproductive system, and it is commonly used in traditional herbal formulas for women.
Oat straw is another nutritive herb that provides nourishment for the whole body while simultaneously reducing stress and toning the nervous system. The oat straw also offers a slightly sweet contrast that brings balance to the flavor of raspberry leaf.
This is an excellent blend for people who are trying to become pregnant, as well as for those who are simply looking to maintain the health of their reproductive organs and nervous system.
What You’ll Need
- ¼ pound of dried Raspberry leaf
- ¼ pound of dried Oat Straw
These quantities may seem like a lot at first, but to get the most out of nourishing herbs, they need to be brewed as in infusion, which requires around one cup of dried herbs per quart of water. This recipe will make you a half pound batch and give you about 9 servings.
How to Make it
- Thoroughly mix the Raspberry leaf and Oat Straw
- Measure out 1 cup of the blend
- Add the herbs to a quart sized jar
- Bring 1 quart of water to a boil
- Add the hot water to the herbs in the jar
- Thoroughly mix the herbs and hot water together
- Place lid on the jar and let steep in the fridge for 4 to 8 hours
- Strain and sweeten to your liking
For the best results, this blend should be consumed 2 or 3 times per week. However, it’s best to listen to your body. If you find yourself wanting to drink it more often than your body likely needs the extra nourishment. These herbs are safe to consume daily if you wish to do so.